Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Seat Must Go

Well, it's been raining every afternoon this week, so I simply haven't been able to take the cover off to do any work since last Sunday.  last week, I was struggling to remove the passenger side seat and couldn't get it to budge despite bringing in the bigger hammer.

Then, after a failed attempt to loosen the seat on the rail with chemicals, I discovered why those efforts had failed: the seat is actually welded to the rail.  Not only that, but it's actually welded in crooked!  Oh well, it's an opportunity to try out my cutoff wheel, something I will be using a lot when it comes time to do the body work.

So, with a couple hours before work and a cool cloudy sky overhead, I am off to pull that seat out.  That and the dashboard are on the agenda, so we'll see how far I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment